Does anybody ever watch those recipe videos on Facebook? Well I do, and the other day I finally tried one of the dozen or so recipes that I’ve saved in the last couple of months! The recipe is for baked oatmeal cups and they came out pretty great! I like that you can add whatever toppings/flavors you want based on what you have (and are trying to get rid of) and what each member of your family likes. I also liked that it couldn’t have been simpler and only used one bowl.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Applesauce (i had unsweetened, but I bet the cinnamon flavor would be awesome too)
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbl Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add eggs and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add applesauce to the same bowl and whisk.
- Add milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and whisk.
- Add oats and baking soda and whisk just until combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Spray a muffin pan and then fill each cup with 1/4 cup of the mixture. I got about 18 oatmeal cups from this recipe.
- Add your toppings (I had blueberries, cranberries, pecans, and chocolate chips. Use whatever you’ve got!)
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (I baked for 25 minutes, but I probably could have gotten away with a little bit less time. I would recommend checking them at 20 and going from there).
Could that be any easier?? This is also a fun recipe to put together with your kids and let them create their own combinations. They make a really yummy, healthy, and quick breakfast or snack. My kiddo didn’t really like them cold, but inhaled them once I warmed them up and added a little bit of butter. Enjoy and let me know what you come up with! Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use #prekandprosecco