This was a new recipe for me. I found it on Pinterest and thought I would give it a shot. It was really easy to put together and it makes a TON so it’s a great recipe to make for a party or if you want to just bake a few at a time and have plenty of left over dough. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of the first batch that came out of the oven. I felt like the pecans were really overwhelming and I wasn’t crazy about the flavor (and I love pecans so trust me, it was a lot). When I made another batch the next day, however, they were delicious! I may not have mixed the pecans in very well the first time, so make sure your pecans are thoroughly mixed in with the rest of the batter.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but use your favorite!)
- 1 1/4 cup caramel bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy (1-2 minutes).
- Add eggs, vanilla and milk and beat for an additional two minutes.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat another two minutes.
- Drop cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet (I used a tablespoon, but the original recipe called for a 2 Tbl cookie scoop. Just use whatever you’ve got!). Tip: I typically load as many dough balls on to a baking sheet as I can and then pop in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. It seems to make the dough hold up better and not spread as much during baking.
- After the dough has firmed up in the freezer, pull out the amount that you want to bake and bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes (if using frozen dough, you may need to add a minute or two to your baking time).
- Pop the leftover dough balls in a Ziplock bag and put back in the freezer. When baking frozen dough, you may need to add a couple more minutes to your baking time. I’ve made two batches from the frozen dough, and I have only had to add one minute so keep an eye on it!
There you go! Super easy and delicious and leaves you with leftovers! I like the option of only baking one tray’s worth of cookies at a time and still having dough ready to go when my sweet tooth kicks in. Let me know how yours turn out! For updates on new posts, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.