I love babies! I get Very excited when friends are expecting so when some friends of ours announced they were expecting a baby GIRL it made me just a little (aka a lot) bit giddy. Originally I was going to make a diaper cake, but once I started researching how to do it I started panicking. So. Much. Rolling. Add in my obsession with things looking even and all the diapers needing to be EXACTLY the same and I was just asking to be prematurely gray. Then I saw a post about how to do a diaper wreath! It was so easy and came out SO FREAKING CUTE I can’t even stand it. Here’s what you need:
- Foam wreath
- Decorative bow (I went with a pre-made bow from Michaels, but if you’re talented enough to make your own, have at it!)
- Wooden letters (I got one large L and the rest of the letters of her name in a smaller block letter)
- Foam brushes
- Hot glue gun
- Diapers (I bought size 2. I wouldn’t go any smaller, but you could go larger and have more fluff on the outside of the wreath)
- Paint each letter
- While the letters dry, its time to wrap the diapers! Open a diaper and wrap around the wreath. Pull the diaper tight and secure with ribbon. You could also get some small clear elastic rubber bands or hair elastics to secure the diapers and then tie the ribbon over that. Make sure to gently push the diapers closer together so they slightly overlap.
- Once all the diapers are secured and the letters are dry, it’s time to attach the letters to the wreath, I used just a little bit of hot glue on each letter and pressed them onto the diapers.
- Attach the large decorative bow, and you’re done!!
How precious is that?!?!? It seriously took no time at all and I felt like quite the crafting diva so it was a win-win for me. Now I just need more people I know to get pregnant so I have an excuse make this again. So there’s your homework folks! I would love to see your versions of this project so take lots of pictures and show me what you came up with! #prekandprosecco And be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram!