I made these Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats for a bake sale at H’s school. I found the original recipe from Gimme Some Oven and they are a go-to in our house. These are so easy and delicious it’s Scary (or whatever silly Halloween reference you can throw in there)
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix (I like the French Vanilla
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1.75 oz sprinkles
- Melt butter over low heat, then add marshmallows.
- When the marshmallows are almost melted, take off the heat, add in cake mix and whisk.
- Add cereal and mix together.
- Add half of the sprinkles and slightly mix (if the sprinkles get too warm, they will start to bleed their color so don’t mix too much!).
- Press into baking dish lined with parchment paper and add remaining sprinkles.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and cut .
These seriously take about 15 minutes to throw together (the bagging is another story, but I’m really tired so my hands were working at about half speed). Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s great for all your holidays or special occasions. Switch out your sprinkles and you’re good to go! Check out my Facebook and Instagram and let me know what you think about this recipe!