This was one of the first recipes I ever tried from Pinterest from Mr. & Mrs. Pear and it has been a summer staple in our house ever since. It’s super easy, delicious, and makes A TON so it’s a great dish to make for parties. I always make it around summer holidays and decorate it with a berry flag on top, but use your imagination! You can make whatever pattern you want or none at all if you want to keep it simple (simpl-ER. This really couldn’t be easier to make). If you ever need a summer dessert, this is it!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (you could also use any type of light cookie- vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies, etc).
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp plus 2 1/2 cups milk
- 16 oz thawed Cool Whip
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6.8 oz French vanilla instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine crust ingredients and press into a 9×13 baking dish
- Bake for 8 minutes and cool
- Add cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tbsp of milk and beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip
- Spread cream cheese mixture over your cooled crust and add berries (feel free to change the types of berries you use)
- Mix the pudding with 2 1/2 cups of milk until it reaches pudding consistency
- Pour and spread pudding over the berries and chill for several hours (overnight works too, but I almost never mange to be that far ahead of schedule. #momlife)
- Spread remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip and add any additional fruit you want.
See?? Super easy, super cute, and always a crowd pleaser. What are your 4th of July plans? Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think about it! For updates on new posts, follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Have a happy and safe July 4th!